In just a couple of weeks we’ll be gathering at Lake Lawn Resort in Wisconsin for BGA Summer Camp. To help our barista-campers have the most complete and comfortable Camp experience, we’ve created a packing list of supplies you may want to bring.
Lake Lawn will be sure to have plenty of amenities (you can leave the survival kit at home), I know, it’s Wisconsin, but I promise, there will be phone-service at camp this time. Nevertheless, campers will want to cover all their bases:
- layers of clothing: expect highs in the 70’s and lows in 50’s, or cooler
- rain protection: umbrella, poncho, etc. Rain happens.
- swimsuit: what better way to burn off caffeine-tensed muscles than a nice swim?
- bug protection: Wisconsin brags about its mosquitos. Early June is also tick season in WI, these disease carrying mites are worth watching out for (full body checks are obligatory).
- water bottle: stay hydrated to maintain focus and energy.
- sunscreen: protect your skin!
- pain-relievers: pain happens
- flashlight: you never know when you need to find your way at night.
- coffee to swap: leave the brewing kit at home, they’ll be plenty brewed up by baristas, but bring the beans to trade with baristas from across the country.
- business cards: barista camp is prime for networking.
- shoes: you may need to hustle at some team challenges
- your A-Game: we have several new team challenges to nurture your competitive side
- pens, pencils, notebook: be ready to catch that idea, concept, name, email address that can be so quickly forgotten
- a beginner’s mindset: keeping an open mind will allow you to learn
- extra clothing basics: socks, tank tops... you get the idea
See you all soon!